Saturday, July 10, 2010

Waiting at the Airport

We arrived back at the airport with time to spare so I thought I would share some Peruvian observations.
They offered as a juice selection at breakfast jugo de melon, which is cantelope in a glass, literally! It was really good! I made an effort to read the newspaper to help my very weak vocabulary. The headline needed no translator; "La Nina Terrible" over a big picture of Lindsey Lohan.
The boys and Jeff and I have been so surprised by all of the American stores and restaurants here in Lima. Just like in the US, there seems to be a Starbucks, McDonald's or KFC on every corner. They even have Chili's. Tony Romas, and TGIFriday's here! It will be interesting to see if any of these places have made it to Piura. Kel

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kel. Do they even have a TCBY (my favorite frozen yogurt place)? I'm mindful of our trip to Italy where I spent the better part of a day looking for Zest soap and a laundromat.

    ReplyDelete